So I started writing this a few weeks ago but I kept putting off finishing it. Some of its because I just genuanly didn't feel up to writing it, other times because I was busy with something else like working with a client (which I'm currently doing but can't do anything much on my computer because its rendering)
Seeing as I've been doing other things I haven't done that much in the way of work I can show you here. What I have done is make a brand new exterior render of a building, and modifying BB-8 while giving it a new name. I've also done a few minor upgrades to my robot that I'll show at the end.
This isn't really an important update or anything its just here mainly to let you all know I'm still around.
JEB-14 (formally BB-8)
So the last time I think I brought this model up was when I was try to rig it to roll around. Well I think I've got it cracked using a python script I found online. I've had to alter the script in parts so the rig controls everything and so it only spins the base.
I've also improved some of the modelling on the head with a new textures and added some better, but not finished, side panels. As for the renaming and colour changing, thats in memory of my father who past away last month. JEB is his initials and 14 is is the day he was born. I had this project in with me while sitting with him in hospital in his final days so I though it would be fitting to change the name for him. I changed the colour to green for 2 reasons: 1, because I wanted one different from BB-8's and 2, because my dad used to wear a big green jumper.
I made a few alterations to this little robot. I really don't remember why I chose to work on this I just remember wanting to keep busy. If memory serves (as I didn't take note of what I changed), I changed the ankles, added a screen to its front, changed the eyebrows, and did something to the character rig (I remember doing something, just not what I was doing).
Okay lets see if I can remember why I changed the eyebrows. I'll be honest here, I did not like the ones that where there before. They were boring and they couldn't move so I tried to make some new ones. I remember trys 2 or 3 designs which included a shrink map version that was just awful. It just went everywhere apart from where it was meant to go and was basically a big mess. I also tried making a sort of track version but ran into difficulties with that one too. I finally decided to go with the basic and easy option of the ones shown in the render above. I may change them again but its not very likely.
One if the more worthwhile changes I made was to change the ankle set up (which is currently hidden and I don't have a render of it to show currently). Before the ankle could only swing back and forth which I noted was fine if the legs were straight up and down. This would pose a problem if the leg wasn't in that position as the foot wouldn't be able to keep the balance and the robot would certainly fall on its ass.
That was a little more of a design flaw than I could allow so I designed a built a new hinge for the ankle so it would pivot more to the sides and change the direction of the foot. If I remember next time I'm writing up a blog I'll post an image of the new ankle without the shin guards.
The last thing I remember doing is altering the chest. Before it had a bit a the front with some wires and circuit bits its now been moved to the back and screen is replacing it up front. I'm still experimenting with the screen with the size and what it displays.
Thats it for this blog. I know its short but hey what are you going to do. If you like my work you can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Deviant Art for all of my updates or to see some of the things I've done in the past.
If your interested in Hiring me for some work you can find me on People Per Hour, Freelancer, or contact me on here
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome