This weeks weekend challenge focused on sculpting a head. The head was based off of Davros from the TV show Doctor Who with a little artistic licence. Before the sculpting could be started, I need a base head mesh to work with, so Saturday morning I set out to block out a version of Davros's head which is shown below.
Back to writing these as it takes a few hours to upload a video. So this week started with the final weekend challenge focused on the Kitchen. - Blog post about it - and I was going to be doing my usual thing of making more assets on Monday till I got the idea to go around some of my old files to put some older models in the library. That was the plan but it went a little different than I expected. I imported the chairs from my two first TARDIS models and I noticed that the geometry wasn't very good. So I set about fixing the two chairs until I was more satisfied with the result. I then had the thought of putting them back in there original scene just in-case I ever wanted to return the the models some day and that's where things went a bit off track.
I noticed that my first TARDIS (which I hadn't touched since about 2012) was in desperate need fixing geometry wise and it all needed to be brought into the new render engine. So that's what I spent the rest of the day doing. Converting all the shaders to cycles and fixing the geometry. Anyway, I ended up rendering out a frame and compositing it. I have uploaded the new render with one done back in 2012 so you can see the difference. I changed the camera angle and focal length because I thing it looks aesthetically better this way although I may have overkilled using the DOF.
In other news, I have finally graduated! I am now officially a Master. Now all I need to do is grow a beard and live on a mountain. That's what masters do right?
Spent a lovely day up in Glasgow going through the ceremony as well as seeing all my classmates again. Super fun times. I also got to wear my suit for the second time since I got it. Strange how the first time was also a graduation.
I may end up going for a PhD later if I can coble about £5000. Maybe I should count my coppers jar...
Final piece of news is about this weeks weekend challenge. I have decided that it will focus on sculpting as I haven't done much of that in the past. What it is I will sculpt I still do not know. It could be a character, a detailed wall, a flower. It really could be anything. Tune in Monday to find out what I make.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Deviant Art for all my updates.
This weeks weekend challenge marks the end of the series in modelling the Kitchen. Originally this weeks was just going to be more modelling of the appliances but I got most of that done by Saturday night and so, I went ahead and did some basic compositing on Sunday.
See part 1 here and part 2 here.
All right so this weekend I ran my own weekend challenge again but this time it focused on lighting and the colour schemes of the kitchen I started last week. So I started by going over how the real kitchen is lit which shows two main light sources which are the window for the sunlight and a florescent light above. Both these lights are very effective in lighting the kitchen in the fact that everything is visible but eh florescent light is a very harsh light that I was not happy with using in this recreation.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome