Hello there! Its November so you know what that means! What do you mean you don't? Come on I've been doing this for a while now. Its time for my monthly Blog post where I post things I've done in the past month.
Plot twist, this project was not about creating a bear with a cup of tea. In fact it was very far from that intended goal. The first goal was to actually make an interior shot. I however got bared while making it and decided to add a teady bear based off the one I had as a child. And yes, his name was Ted but I never gave him tea as he was a bear so probably wouldn't like it.
I actually refocused the image by accident as I moved the camera so I could see and fix the bears fur as it was patchy when rendered. When I had it fixed I kinda went "This shot actually looks much better" and so I kept the camera angle. I actually really like how the final image turned out on this project. I may do another in similar style in the future. I've put the original camera angle of the room below so you can compare them.
Okay so this was a much older project that I actually did back at University. At the time I was happy with what I made and so I stuck a few renders of it on my portfolio. Little did I know that this was a mistake. I had failed to notice several errors on the brick texture which included (but not limited to) the shadows being in the wrong place, being misaligned in parts, and actually using the wrong type of stone for the building that it was based upon.
Needless to say I had to take it off my portfolio, fix it and re-upload. I tried to keep most of the modelling that I did when I first started the project however, I did add a few small details to enhance it slightly. Most of the work was actually re-UV mapping every object, adjusting the shaders, and switching up the lighting a little. I'm not showing the original one this this time as I actually don't know where the old image are on my hard drive and I just don't want to.
I plan to take some close up shots of the building but I have yet to get around to them.
I decided to continue working on the Davros character remake I started last month. For now, I consider this project finished. To briefly recap whats been done in the new character model: new meshes for everything, new head sculpt, full face rig based upon face muscle sets, several head UV maps along with custom Subsurface Scattering shaders. So what will become of this character? No idea. I did make this character for my new show reel so I don't really have any other plans for him. I suppose I could do another animation with Davros but I would have to make another character to have Davros act against.
As I mentioned last month when I showed off Davros 2.0, I am intending to do a character show reel before the year is out. As I have now finished Davros for the time being, I turned my attention to updating the Halo Elite.
The first thing I did was remove all the extra loops which outlined the muscle groups. They were unnecessary an complicated things when I was rigging it. I also changed part of the geometry like moving the shoulders out more and changing the angle the arms so they are easier to sculpt, shape and move when rigged. The head also went through a major change with with a new jaw bone configuration and a new neck/head connection. Overall the Elite should appear smoother and more inline with the Elites that appear in Halo.
I have also had a brand new sculpt of the entire body so I could bake Normal and AO maps for the main model. I went a little crazy with the sculpting as I ended up with a model with over 22 million faces. Long story short, when I tried to bake the maps and had to close most of my other running programs or it would crash my computer. I obviously did get them done in the end but it took a special kind of patience to wait for them to finish just so I could use my browser again.
There is still some work to be done to that shading before I'm completely happy with it and I have yet to start creating a new character rig. I did think about using the old rig again but decided against it as a fair few things have changed and there is a few things I want to do differently this time. Not sure on the armour I'll use (if any) yet. I should have an update on this project from next month so tune in then to see how it come along.
Okay I think thats all I want to share this time. I don't know why but writing these feels harder lately. This is about my 3rd attempt at just writing things out. I haven't really gone into much detail on anything as I'm trying not to bore anyone and it really doesn't matter. As usual, you can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Artstation and Deviant Art for all of my updates or to see some of the things I've done in the past.
If your interested in Hiring me for some work you can find me on People Per Hour, Freelancer, or contact me on here. I'm open just chatting too as I get lonely :P
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome