Its that time of the week again that I tell you lovely people whats been going on here. Some of the thing thats been happening is is continuing to work on my little robot, and returning to work on that mystery set I was working on a few months ago.
No I'm not keeping that name; I just realised how short it is compared to the other Characters I've made recently. The improvements this week have mainly been focused on the character rig and expression controller. I had to lock some of the joints on the arm and changed the rotation axis of the final joint of the shoulder, Doing this does limit the movement that the arms were capable of before but it also make the movements less erratic and easier to control (in theory anyway). I've also added a collar-bone so the shoulders can be move.
The expression controller controls what is one the robots eyes and mouth slots. It may not seem like much but this little controller will allow me to see whats on the displays without going inot the material shaders all the time and it should make animating it a little easier.
I really need to come up with a name for this that doesn't give the game away. It has a proper name but I can't remember if I shared it with any of you in the past and I'm too lazy to check. Anyway, I've started to block out the different consoles that will be fitted into the Bridge of the ship. I've also added/changed a few details to the exterior of the ship as well.
There is a lot more that needs to be done to this set before I can start using it. I don't really have a reason for taking such a long break from working on it but I feel I need to get on with it now. I think I'll focus on getting the bridge done then move onto the engine room and finally onto the exterior.
More on this next week.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome