Its that time of week again when I tell you lovely people what I've been up to. This week I have finished doing the Jokers character rig so I'll talk about that mostly.
The Jokers Rig - Final Version
This last week marks the last week I'm devoting to working on the Joker. This past week I've redone the UV map of the face entirely, fixed the ankle pivot, made an adaptive elbow poll, fixed and re UV mapped the trousers, and fixed the weight paint in some areas. I also created brand new face textures which is why it looks different and I redid the hair as it went screwy when I added in the wrinkles on the forehead.
The character can be used for animations at the moment or for still renders. With a little more tweaking it could be imported into a game engine. Of course it wouldn't do anything unless you animate it first to do things like a walking.
I think the most frustrating part of this project has been the hair. I've had to recreate it from scratch several times now and it never gets any easier to do. It doesn't help that I can barely do my own hair which is why I normally wear a hat.
I have to say I kinda liked how this one turned out. If nothing else its been a great learning device for rigging and improving my face topology. I'm sure it will appear again at some point in the future. Maybe even with Harley. Who knows :)
Just some of the progress images I've made along the way
What to do next
I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing next. Part of me wants revisit the Harley Quinn character rig to make some improvements. Another part want me to get on with creating that robot I was making. I could of course take part in the Blender Guru competition or do the monthly 11 second club challenge. So many choices. Maybe I'll do everything.
Probably not though, not enough time to do everything.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome