This weeks events included power failures, modelling an ODST helmet, small progress on sci-fi hallway, and why I've rolled back to the previous version of Blender.
Due to the lovely weather we are having in Scotland at the moment, there has been a few power interruptions. Most notable was on Saturday when I was starting my Weekend Challenge - Read about what I got done here - and another 3 happened today which explains why I'm posting this so late. In fact, this is my 4th attempt at writing this article.
On Tuesday I had the motivation to create something new so I went to my list of things to create (its a long list) and randomly selected on ODST from the game Halo 3: ODST (it should have been called Halo 2: ODST but that an discussion for another time). I decided right from the start that I was only going to spend a day or less on it so I couldn't make the entire ODST so I decided to build just the helmet.
The shape of the helmet is more tricky than it seems at first glance and I was determined to try create good topology so I didn't manage to finish it. I may have a second go at it later on but its not very likely.
ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Trooper for anyone who wondered.
I spent a little time this week continuing work on the interior I stared last week. I mainly added a few round things to the walls and changed the main glass design of the outer shell (that you can't really see here). I'm taking this project slowly so it looks as good as I can make it. I'm not sure about the door however, they may be changed soon.
So as I mentioned last week, I upgraded to the latest version of Blender (2.73) with a few installation issues(mainly having to change all the settings manually because it crashed when doing it automatically). Well the fun didn't stop there. That night I set up Blender to render out part of the Davros animation and went to bed. In the morning when I got up I checked what had been done over night only to discover that 1: Only one frame had rendered and 2: that the characters head and Jacket were black. Thinking it must be that the textures location must have shifted in the upgrade, I reset the textures locations and tried a test render of the frame. It still came up black.
After trying for over an hour I still could not get the frames to render properly and I still didn't know why only 1 frame had rendered when I clicked Animation. I eventually gave up trying to fix it and just reinstalled 2.72b. Luckily it still had all my settings and add-ons so I could start working again almost immediately. I'll try upgrading again tomorrow as I've just updated my Graphics Card driver which could have been causing some of the bother.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome