This weeks weekend challenge focused on continuing to animate the characters to the audio track. Work began on Saturday morning when I started to animate the next part of Davros's speach. At precisely 10:59am, things went pear shape as a 6 hour long power began. I know that's the precise time as the file was auto-saving itself when the cut happened and became corrupted. I had also failed to save the original file before the power cut and so all of the mornings work was lost.
I believe the word to describe how I felt at the time was pissed.
After the power came back on and I plugged in my devices to recharge them since I killed the batteries of most of them, I went back to redo the work I did in the morning. In short, I didn't get a lot done on Saturday.
Sundays work was much more productive with not only more animating getting done, but also improving the composite and a way to speed up render times. In total, about 58 seconds worth of animating has been completed so far which is double what I got done last week and leaves only a minute and a half left to be completed.
The composite was improved to lighten up a Daleks eye and to add a glow to the Dalek lights when they are talking. I also removed some unused nodes to speed up the compositing a little.
Last week the render of a single frame was around the 8 minute mark but I have that down t around 2 minutes at the moment. The actual rendering of the frames is being done at night while I sleep so I can use the computer during the day for other things.
I still need to model and rig the scientists so the camera angles used so far are not showing the position that will be used for them. I also need to figure out a way to create the Dalek gun beams.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome