This weeks weekend challenge was to finish off the bedroom series so a new series could be started next weekend. This weeks work involved texturing some objects, optimising the lighting, some minor modelling, positioning of the camera for the best shot, and finally the compositing of the scene.
The hardest part of this weeks challenge was getting the wall texture right as it had to be a very subtle non-repeating texture of small marks along the wall. I'm not sure what causes the marks on my real wall (its not damage, thats for sure) so I decided to use 2 procedural textures to try and recreate the look. If I've done my job right, you shouldn't really notice it unless you look for it. I also decided to add one of my posters into the set. Its almost identical to the one I have except the writing at the bottom.
For the lighting, I switched to a lighter HDR image for brighter environmental lighting and I switched the point light inside the room to an area light. This reduced the noise inside the room and allowed for brighter lights to be used.
This marks the end of the bedroom series of weekend challenges so next week I will be starting a mare exciting series of weekend challenges.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome