This weeks news includes:
- New Weekend Challenge topic.
- Trying to fix my old TARDIS
- Tightening up my Portfolio
New Weekend Challenge Topic
So for last weeks weekend challenge I sculpted a head based off of Davros for Doctor Who -Click Here for Blog post on it- This is the beginning of a new project that I will continue for the next few weeks which will focus on creating the complete character of Davros, optimising the mesh, rigging the character, animating a lip-sync sequence and making it game ready.
So the next step is working on the upper body mainly the torso of the mesh followed by the hand/s (I'm not sure he has two or not) Progress on that shall be uploaded on Monday in the Weekend Challenge Update.
Fixing the TARDIS
So on Deviant Art someone noted that the render I took of my TARDIS made it look like it was a miniature model. Lots of things could be causing this. For one thing, which seemed the most likely, is that the scale of the model did not match the real world scale. In-fact it was double the size of the real set though I didn't know that at the time. To fix the scale, I needed something to use as a size reference to fix everything else. As the sizes of the set pieces were never announced, I needed to find something to use.
After searching the web for a little while I came across the plans for the 2006 TARDIS exterior. So I went ahead and created a mesh using the measurements provided in the plans. They only things that were not modelled were was the door handles and I missed texturing the wood. Apart from that its pretty much all there.
So using this new mesh as a size reference, I scaled down the interior set so it now roughly fits the real life scale. Job done right? nope.
Apart from all the other rooms that I created for this set still being off, turns out that the scale wasn't effecting it that much but, at least now I have a proper size exterior TARDIS model. I now think that either the lights around the back walls, the focal length of the camera, or the depth of field may be causing it. Or all of the above, that's a possibility. The lighting needs fixing anyway, it too noisy on the console.
I did also make a Paradox Machine variant of the set last week. Click the image below to view it on Deviant Art.
Hi, I'm Claude, head & creator of Adaptive Pixel. You might be wondering what brought you here and I'm here to tell you, it was a link. Here is where I will be posting what I'm currently doing and challenges I've done.
Click Here to get an extension so RSS works in Google Chrome